Kennedy Amaya

Kennedy Amaya
5 Years old

Leah Mai

Leah Mai
3 Years old

Elynn Kaori

Elynn Kaori
17 months - looks can deceive!

November 25, 2008

Austin's first 10K race



This last Saturday I ran a 10k with my sister-in-law Karen. Two of our other friends (Lance Martin and Jake Oldham) ran the half marathon. It was so fun! I finished in 1:00:12. When I came around the last turn and saw my family waiting there for me holding up signs I got tears in my eyes. I was so proud of myself that I actually finished. Karen finished third in her age group. YEAH! Congrats to her! I think I will run it again in 2009. I have to be honest when I decided to do this race I hated the training. Then, the more I ran the more I loved running. I challenge everyone to at least try running once!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

i'm so proud of your bloggin!

Leavitt's said...

Your a ROCK STAR! Awesome time on your very first 10K. My legs have forgiven me and I am about to head off and run my Human Race Thanksgiving 5k, wish you were here to run with us. Let me know when you are doing another 10k, I may have to join you again!

FrankNApril said...

Austin,
I am so proud of you!!!
I have just started running and it is fun but I need to just get some better music. Good job! April

Laurie Mitton said...

Wow you are so AWESOME!!!! The last couple of years my sister in Arizona wants me to do the PF Changs run with her in Arizona, I'm so not into the training. But she said once you start you'll love it. This yr she got her 8yr old and her 6yr old involved and they love it. So as my promise to my sister for next yr and my New Years goal is to do this with her. So KUDOS to you. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Rod and were just talking about how fast they do grow up. Emilee is in 3rg grade this yr, next yr Luke will go to Kinder, Jacob will do two yrs of Preschool. And then Emilee will have two yrs at Goynes one with Luke a half day and her 5th grade he will be in 1st grade and Jacob will go to 1/2 day kinder. Then will have Junior High and Elementary. It goes so fast, your family looks so great and way to go on the run.I may need to call you for some advice on training. You look great. Laurie Mitton